1. Your diet consists of mostly caffinated beverages.
2. You rarely sleep more than 3 hours a night.
3. You often don’t sleep at all, just drink more caffine.
4. You can’t remember the last time you showered, because you’ve been working on that project, writing that paper, or studying for that exam
5. You get the shakes and have jello legs, because you forgot to eat, because you’ve been working on that project, writing that paper, and studying for that exam
6. When you do finally sleep some, you wake up with a lot of acne, because your body was so stressed out.
7. You often forget to put on deoderant or wear underwear, because you got ready so fast, because you kept hitting the snooze button.
8.You look like shit several times a week, because you were working on that project, writing that paper, and studying for that exam.
9. Sometimes you randomly laugh at your own thoughts out loud in public, because you are losing your mind from lack of sleep.
10. You are trying to read your roommate your essay to make sure you are still making sense from your lack of sleep, but upon trying to read you just slurr all you words like a drunk bastard due to your lack of sleep.
11. When you are trying to sleep your dorm neighbors never are, so you continue to not sleep.
12. When you are climbing the stairs to your dorm you lose control of your feet due to lack of sleep.
13. When you finally eat its usually pizza at midnight.
14. Sometimes you feel too tired to eat or too tired to walk to get food.
15. When you know you should be working on that project, writing that paper, or studying for that exam, you find yourself on Tumblr or facebook instead.
And how could I forget the final check point: You’re broke!
Remember kids you only retain about 25% of the knowledge you learn in school. The other 75% you learn from experience.
Tonight is a House Hunters marathon and I can’t wait till 10. Want to know why? House Hunters International in FRANCE. So I am spending my evening looking at lovely homes, eating fruit with peanut butter, drinking coffee, and working on my design project. All thats missing is that my dorm is actually I wood cabin with a fire place, and there is snow on the ground outside and trees and deer, and I have a sexy man to cuddle with because it’s freezing butt cold in my reality room (because it would be a nice touch in my fantacy cabin), and he is lame enough to watch hours and hours of House Hunters with me. Now thats a perfect evening.
Today I was thinking about the house I grew up in. The first house I remember living in. I remember my huge back yard and having tall trees that shed tons of leaves and beans every fall. I remember how much that house really felt like home. I learned to tie my shoes there. I’d fall asleep at the kitchen table coloring those pictures that are outlined in black and come with the markers. I remember the tree in our front yard being covered in ladybugs one morning and my mom, my yeah yeah, and my neighbor watching all of them crawl. I remember driving home with my mom after we went to get mcdonalds one day and I was playing in the front yard and she asked me if I was ever going to come “drink my hamburger and eat my coke” and I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever heard. I remember eating a dog treat on a dare from my neighbors kids. I remember the girl who lived up the street coming down to my house and drawing with chalk on the sidewalk with me and riding my bike with her and how we would drink those koolaids that came in the plastic, squeezable bottle and you would drop the white tab in and your koolaid would change colors. I remember building a huge snowman all by myself and crying because my dad always helped me and he was out of town when it snowed so I had to build it alone and I got so tired but I felt like I just had to finish and the next day it warmed up and my snow man got really tiny and my mom thought it looked funny, but it made me really sad because I worked so hard to build it. I remember couch and coffee table tents and jumping on that ugly baige and brown, flowered couch and how my mom would get on to me, but as soon as she walked away I would just some more, and when I wasn’t jumping on the couch, I was jumping on the bed. I remember the christmas where I got barbies dreams house and hair cut barbie and these packs of barbie outfits. I remember the time my mom had laryngitus and lost her voice and got mad at my dad for something and was trying to yell at him but no sound came out and my dad and I laughed histarically and it made her so mad, but it was so funny. I remember my dad saving the frog it our back yard for me so I could take care of them till he was done mowing the lawn. I remember the bird that always built it’s nest in our chimney and chirped so loud. I remember the bird that made a nest in one of our trees but kept dropping the babies out of the nest and we tried to save the ones that lived, but it never worked. I remember my swing set and my sandbox, and playing till it got really late. I remember that big box of a big sceen tv. I remember playing dress up and teacher and grocery store, and racing hot wheels on the linoleum tile in our kitchen. I remember helping my mom mop the kitchen and she would tell me not to mop the wood, but I did it anyways and it made the wood trim all ugly…..that was my favorite house. I remember my stray dog I found and named buddy. He was a golden retriever, and I gave him a blanket and food and water, but he ran away. It made me sad, because I always wanted a big dog to cuddle and run with. I remember losing my tooth in toast and looking into the reflection of the metal toaster to see the empty space in my mouth. I remember crying when my dad went out of town for work. I remember the time my mom cut down the small dead tree in our side yard and she told me to tell my dad that I wrecked my bike into and knocked the thing down whenever he got back from a trip. My dog once had an allergic reaction to the shots she got at the vet and her eye swelled up, but she still begged for hotdogs from my mom and I at dinner time and we had to put benadryl into a hotdog and feed it to her to make her eyes go back to normal. I remember the relaxing feeling that house gave me. I remember the wood paneled living room and the fireplace……..I loved that house.